We did another inspection today.
Zoey again watched from the car.
Saw larvae and capped brood There was a lot of drone brood so we destroyed the big clumps of them. Didn’t see as many eggs but this could have been because looking back I didn’t search as much.There are some of the frames that I need to move out as they are very old and dirty. I moved them to the edge and there were less brood so it may have worked.
There was a lot of bees and the whole of the outside of the brood box was covered in bees by the end – they were even hanging on the stand.
There were some practice queen cups again – swarming is likely but the extra super has helped with space.
Here are are some of Zoey’s photos.